In this BRB jobs update, I’m pleased to highlight an open role at Paul Weiss: “Audit Letter Compliance Manager” —
- Paul, Weiss is looking to hire an experienced Audit Letter Compliance Manager to join the Professional Responsibility Department. The Audit Letter Compliance Manager will be responsible for coordinating the Firm’s responses to clients’ auditors, ensuring adherence to Firm policies and procedures.
- The Audit Letter Compliance Manager acts as the liaison between attorneys, clients and auditors in connection with the reporting of information relating to matters in which the Firm has been engaged.
- The Audit Letter Compliance Manager will report to the Professional Responsibility Director and work closely with lawyers and business professionals throughout the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with attorneys, staff, clients and auditors to prepare auditor response letters in connection with reporting information relating to matters in which the firm represents clients.
- Draft, circulate, revise and finalize annual audit response letters and periodic update letters to auditors utilizing the Firm’s Audit Letter Database.
- Ensure auditor response letters comply with Firm written policies and procedures, as well as American Bar Association and Financial Accounting Standards Boards standards.
- Perform research within Firm databases and analyze client-matter reports to support the preparation of disclosures to auditors.
Coordinate the response preparation process, maintain accurate records and tracking systems, and proactively follow up to ensure compliance with deadlines.
- Escalate and resolve potential audit response letter issues identified by Firm attorneys, clients or auditors as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Firm policies and audit letter response standards to effectively assist and collaborate with attorneys, staff, clients and auditors.
- Maintain flexibility to work extended hours as needed to meet deadlines, particularly during peak periods.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS Required.
- Two years’ experience processing audit letters, working in a legal or compliance environment, and/or managing staff preferred.
- Proven ability and interest in learning new technology in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a high degree of organization.
Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and prepare for both short and long-term projects with shifting priorities and time sensitivities.
- Ability to work optimally, both independently and collaboratively, as part of a team and show dedication to the team, clients, and the Firm.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly (both orally and in writing) with all levels of Firm personnel and ensure communications are timely and appropriate; to listen and accurately interpret others’ expectations, ideas, and concerns; to raise questions professionally and purposefully; and to seek and be open to regular feedback.
- Ability to approach each task/assignment/project in a solution-oriented manner.
- $140,000 – $150,000. Paul, Weiss offers competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- The firm considers a number of factors when determining compensation, including, but not limited to, education, years of experience, levels of experience, competency levels and other relevant skills and qualifications.
See the complete job posting for more detail on job and to apply for this position.
Learn more about working at Paul Weiss on their careers page:
- “The founders of our firm started a business based on their talents and principles. Over the years, the firm became highly successful, and we are all the beneficiaries of that.”
- “We recognize that our Business Professionals Team — from Information Systems to Recruiting; from Professional Development to Human Resources; from Business Development to Finance — all helped to grow this business and continue to make our success possible.”
- “Whether assisting with document management, researching case law, maintaining trial technology, or making sure we can communicate with clients securely and efficiently, our Business Professionals Team keeps our firm up and running 24/7, handling whatever comes their way with precision and grace.”
And if you’re interested in seeing your firm’s listings here, please feel free to reach out…