Here’s another example of growth in the OCG/Terms specialist space. Today’s update is a sponsored job listing from King & Spalding. The firm is looking for a: “Client Contracts Attorney” —
- King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Client Contracts Attorney to review all outside counsel guidelines and other client-drafted engagement terms, non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), Business Associate Agreements, responses to Requests For Proposals (RFP’s), pitches, and other non-standard engagement agreements.
- The Client Contracts Attorney will advise on the firm’s ability to comply with such agreements and will make revisions and draft exceptions documents as needed.
- The Client Contracts Attorney will also negotiate terms directly with clients when instructed.
- This position will work closely with the Client Contracts Attorney Manager, Associate Director of Conflicts & New Business Intake, Director of Conflicts & New Business Intake, and a team of other Client Contracts Attorneys.
- This position offers remote work as an option, subject to location approval by the firm. Occasional travel to the Atlanta office may be required.
Target qualifications include:
- Candidates must have a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) and an active law license in the jurisdiction in which they are located.
- Candidates should have at least three years of contract review and negotiations experience, preferably with a large law firm or in-house.
- Successful candidates must have the ability to develop a broad subject matter expertise regarding outside counsel guidelines provisions and the firm’s policies regarding such provisions.
- A proven record of working in a fast-paced environment, having to manage multiple assignments with tight turnaround times, and success in contract negotiations are necessary skills for this role.
- Candidates must be organized and able to coordinate input from others regarding certain provisions. Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills are also a must.
- Knowledge of the Rules of Professional Conduct and experience with the U.S. and international privacy and data protections laws are both a plus.
Compensation and benefits:
- The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, discount programs, sick leave, vacation, and parental leave.
- We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
For additional detail:
You can read more and apply by visiting their job posting here.
You can read more about the firm on their careers page.
And if you’re interested in seeing your firm’s listings here (and reading some kind BRB job board endorsements), please feel free to reach out!
Bass, Berry & Sims are recruiting for two risk roles. The first is: “Conflicts Attorney” —
- As a Conflicts Attorney at Bass, you will be responsible for assisting the firm’s Office of the General Counsel, attorneys, and Conflicts Department staff with legal issues relating to multi-jurisdictional conflicts and ethics functions and operations while accomplishing these and other critical functions. This position offers the opportunity to assist in processing intake forms to ensure they meet firm policies and business requirements. This position reports to the Director of Conflicts and New Business Intake.
- Developing and maintaining substantive knowledge of and familiarity with the legal ethics, and professional responsibility rules applicable in the Firm’s geographic jurisdictions and Bass’ procedures, policies, and practices relating to conflicts and other ethical issues.
- Assisting attorneys and other Conflicts Department staff in identifying, evaluating, and resolving ethical conflict and business conflict issues relating to conflicts checks for lateral hires and new business matters.
- Serving as the primary attorney contact for conflict checks relating to summer associate hires and fall new hire classes for the firm.
- Performing legal research and analysis projects relating to conflicts or other aspects of ethics and/or professional responsibility as requested by the General Counsel or others.
- Constantly review, assess, recommend, and implement process, procedure, and technology improvements to ensure optimum customer service and efficiency.
- Must be available for infrequent urgent and confidential matters and situations, including evenings and weekends.
Review and resolution of issues related to engagement letter inquires, including evaluation of Outside Counsel Guidelines and the database maintenance related to on-going requirements.
Requirements. To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
- Be a self-starter, highly organized with the ability to prioritize, multi-task & thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, collaborate & interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Member in good standing of the Tennessee Bar, or ability to waive into Tennessee immediately after hire.
- Familiarity with information security, privacy, ethical walls and legal holds.
- Familiarity with legal industry content management systems.
The second role is: “Conflicts Analyst” —
- Review and analyze conflict of interest requests and other related information to identify potential conflicts of interest.
- Become proficient in understanding and utilization of conflicts of interest database.
- Assist with maintenance and updating of the conflicts database.
- Prepare clear and concise reports documenting the results of specific conflict searches.
- Work with attorneys to document conflict clearances.
- Review submitted data for new client and client/matter acceptance. Research accuracy and quality of information as well as potential client relationships
- Review, analysis, and indexing of engagement letters.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience in a law firm as a legal assistant or in conflicts/new business intake operations preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Strong research skills. Knowledge of database architecture a plus. Proven aptitude to learn new software applications. Prior experience in utilizing conflicts systems preferred.
- Interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strict attention to detail and strong customer service skills.
For additional detail:
You can see more details in the specific job postings: Conflicts Attorney and Conflicts Analyst
And read more about professional life and benefits at the firm on their careers page:
- At Bass, Berry & Sims, the contributions of every employee are highly valued as part of the firm’s success. Whether you are involved behind the scenes or have direct contact with clients, you will be part of an exceptional team committed to providing superior service to our attorneys, our clients and the communities in which we live.
- We recognize diversity is more than a “right now” challenge. Real change requires a long-term commitment. We believe embracing diversity strengthens who we are as a firm and enhances the service we provide to our clients and the communities where we live and work.
- Bass, Berry & Sims’ benefits and compensation programs are competitive in our markets, and they include some special components.
- Bass, Berry & Sims is committed to the well-being of everyone who works at the firm. In demonstration of this commitment, we were one of the first law firms to sign on to the American Bar Association’s (ABA) Well-Being Pledge. The Pledge aims to improve the mental health landscape and to prevent substance use within the legal profession.
And if you’re interested in seeing your firm’s listings here (and reading some kind BRB job board endorsements from peer firms), please feel free to read more & reach out!