I was delighted to get an email from Lance Richards, Senior Manager, Conflicts & Business Intake at Baker Botts. We’ve collaborated a bit over the years on a few stories highlighting his firm’s strong investments in risk technology, policy, and process.
Now Lance is looking to add a conflicts analyst to his team, with a new position you can read more about here: “Conflicts Analyst” —
- “This is a full-time, non-exempt Firmwide position with excellent benefits, resident in any of the Firm’s U.S. offices and reporting to the Senior Manager of Business Intake & Conflicts.”
- “The work hour requirements for this position will be aligned with our California office business hours regardless of resident US office location.”
- The firm’s US office locations are:
- Austin, TX
- Houston, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Palo Alto, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- New York, NY
- Washington, D.C.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- “Performing company research on all new & existing clients, all non-client parties associated with new matters, all lateral attorney and staff employment candidates, and potential vendors servicing the Firm.”
- “Executing searches in the Firm’s conflicts database, analyzing results in order to identify potential issues that may affect compliance with Firm policies and the relevant Model Rules of Professional Conduct of the American Bar Association.”
- “Generating accurate and succinct conflicts reports and supporting documentation in order to effectively communicate potential compliance issues to the Conflicts Review Lawyer and/or the requesting Firm lawyer.”
- “Educating and providing guidance to internal customers regarding the policies and procedures of the Business Intake and Conflicts Department.”
Read more about this position and apply via their website job listing.
And if you’re interested in seeing your firm’s job listing as a sponsored post here and in the email digest, please feel free to reach out…