In this BRB jobs update, I’m pleased to highlight an open role at Williams & Connolly: “Senior Applications Support Engineer” —
- This position has the primary responsibility for the administration and maintenance of various off the shelf (COTS) application solutions.
- These include New Business Intake, Conflicts, Ethical Walls, Document Collaboration, Client Relationship Management, Matter Management, etc.
- The Senior Applications Support Engineer will be responsible for installing, upgrading and troubleshooting the various on-premise applications as well as managing various SaaS solutions.
- As the subject matter expert of these applications, the Senior Application Support Engineer is also responsible for third-tier support for escalations. Additionally, the Senior Application Support Engineer will lead the implementation and design of new technology solutions to meet the business needs.
- Provide expert technical support for various technology platforms implemented at the firm.
- Act as the system owner in order to maintain and continuously improve application functionality, performance, and security.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement in efficiency by fully leveraging features and capabilities of the firm’s technology platforms.
- Develop workflow enhancements and process integrations as needed.
- Troubleshoot, support and maintain SQL servers, databases, automated routines and scripts.
- Coordinate routine application upgrades and security patching in accordance with the firm’s patching policy, ensuring appropriate test protocols and patch timelines are followed.
- Work with various product vendors to implement and enhance applications.
- Work with practice groups to gather requirements and implement technology solutions.
- Train and mentor User Support Representatives on application functionality and troubleshooting techniques.
- Act as escalation resource for help tickets related to the assigned applications
- 5+ years of experience in legal technology COTS applications and information technology support.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux Ubuntu Operating Systems, SQL, IIS, and data workflow automation.
- Strong knowledge of database technologies and management tools; ability to assess and create SQL scripts to analyze data.
- Knowledge of Web Server technologies; experience with IIS required.
- Knowledge of Integration Builder a plus.
See the complete job posting for more detail on job and to apply for this position.
Learn more about working at Williams and Connolly on their careers page:
- “At Williams & Connolly, a high percentage of our support staff members have been with the firm for more than a decade. They have been given the opportunity to develop their careers through promotions, increased responsibility, and internal mobility because we know that our professional talent is every bit as important as our lawyers in providing quality service to our clients.”
- “The firm offers competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities with the sincere anticipation that Williams & Connolly will be a place for our staff to enjoy a challenging career for many years to come.”
- “Washingtonian magazine again selected the firm as one of the Washington D.C. area’s 50 “Great Places to Work.” Our interesting cases, opportunity to work with the most talented lawyers in the world, team spirit, excellent professional rewards, and other notable perks landed us among the featured companies.”
And if you’re interested in seeing your firm’s listings here, please feel free to reach out…